PSU SCHWARZFAM

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Big Boy Bed




Ryan could have actually crawled out of his crib as early as a year ago if he wanted to. I had some rough nights with him before and after our move last Thanksgiving, tapping him back into his crib each time he straddled the bars to get out. And since lately he has been climbing into his crib, I knew it was just a matter of time until he climbed out and we needed to be prepared. His crib converts to a full size frame, so we had a full size mattress and box spring delivered on Wednesday. His linens were washed and the bed was ready to go last night and we were storing it in the empty nursery until the day/night he jumped out of his crib.

Today as we were getting ready for his nap I asked him to go see his big boy bed with absolutely no intentions of him sleeping in it. He asked for his pillow and I closed the door thinking that he would be out of the room in 2.2 seconds and well, he never came out! I checked on him about 1/2 hour later and he was asleep. 3 hours later I went in to wake him up because I didn't want him being too disoriented waking up on his own in an unfamiliar bed and room and I got these shots :)

Looks like mommy and daddy will be taking your crib down tonight, Ryan, and hoping that you continue this smooth sleeping payback we have received since you finally started sleeping through the night 10 long months after you were born. Sweet dreams, angel!

No comments:

Post a Comment